Meridium prosthetic foot
Benefits at a glance
Ascending and descending slopes
Whether ascending or descending – thanks to the Meridium’s ability to adapt, you can master inclined surfaces effortlessly from the very first step. Increased safety thanks to more ground clearance when walking uphill, comfortable when going downhill thanks to the adapted rollover and fast full-surface ground contact.
Walking on uneven terrain
The Meridium adapts to the terrain with every step. From cobblestones, to grass, to forest paths – it offers a high level of stability on different types of terrain thanks to real-time adjustment and improved ground contact
Going down stairs
The Meridium lets you place your entire foot on the step as you go down stairs. Instead of thinking about positioning your foot correctly, you can concentrate on your surroundings.
The Meridium intuitively identifies when you are no longer moving and require a secure, stable stance – even on slopes or uneven terrain.
Relief when sitting
When sitting, the Meridium lowers itself to the floor, which achieves a more natural-looking foot position and can also help relieve your residual limb.
Automatic heel height adjustment
Whether you’re barefoot or wearing flat soles or heels – thanks to automatic heel height adjustment, shoes can be changed quickly and easily with the Meridium prosthetic foot
Meridium – functions and benefits 1
The Meridium prosthetic foot offers extensive real-time adaptation to various situations, surfaces and heel heights and enables a nearly natural gait pattern. The video shows the functions and benefits based on simple sketches with user Hans.
Meridium – functions and benefits 2
The Meridium prosthetic foot offers extensive real-time adaptation to various situations, surfaces and heel heights and enables a nearly natural gait pattern. The video demonstrates the key functions and benefits.
The Cockpit app – easy mobile control
The Meridium adjusts itself automatically to diverse situations. Using the convenient Cockpit app for iOS and Android devices, you can easily adjust the Meridium via smartphone. The app can be used to change the heel height, for example, or to select from a range of preset MyModes. The app also displays additional information such as the charge level of your mechatronic prosthetic foot.
1) The resistance is adjusted when the foot touches the floor to achieve comfortable heel leverage that matches the user’s stride length.
2) Based on the individually adjusted resistance, the speed at which the foot lowers itself immediately adapts to the gait situation with every step.
3) Thanks to the high degree of mobility and real-time adjustment during rollover, you benefit from prolonged, full-surface contact with the ground for the greatest possible stability and excellent traction.
4) The movable toe plate provides a large contact surface and ensures uniform pressure distribution in the forefoot area when rolling over the toes. The Meridium’s four axes give you a smoother, more natural gait pattern when rolling over the foot.
5) When your foot lifts from the floor, it remains in a rolled over position and thereby offers an enhanced level of safety as you walk.