Ottobock Supports Competitors at the Invictus Games Sydney 2018
From the snow, to the sand and to the city, Ottobock has para-sport covered in 2018.
Just a month after the Paralympic Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Ottobock opened its workshop for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, and now 6 months later the custom designed portable workshop will again provide support to the competitors of the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 presented by Jaguar Land Rover.
Ottobock have been announced as the Official Technical Services Supplier of Prosthetics, Orthotics and Wheelchair Repairs to the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 and will support the competitors with its free technical service for the duration of competition.
Ottobock is a one of only a few commercial partners of the Invictus Games movement that have been involved in every event since its inception. Ottobock’s core values of “human”, “inventive” and “reliable” are well suited to the Invictus Games ability to capture hearts, challenge minds and change lives.
The Invictus Games Sydney 2018 will attract more than 500 competitors from 18 nations to compete in 11 adaptive medal sports, and will recognise and thank families and friends for the crucial role they play in supporting the recovery and rehabilitation of our wounded warriors.
Managing Director, Thomas Much said Ottobock will have over 25 technicians at Sydney Olympic Park, many of whom speak multiple languages, to provide optimal support to competitors.
“Our team of experts incorporating orthotics and prosthetics professionals, wheelchair technicians and welders will be available to repair and service prostheses, orthoses and wheelchairs so that the competitors can concentrate fully on their performance in the competition,” he said.
“Our main workshop will be open daily in the Sydney Olympic Park precinct with mobile workshops located at Invictus Games Sydney 2018 venues and training sites to provide help as soon as possible in case of technical problems. We welcome the public to come and see how Ottobock supports our wounded warriors in our specialist workshop by tuning their computer controlled prosthetic knees and feet, and competition equipment”.
“We’ll also provide around the clock support to ensure any devices competitors need for their everyday routine or to reach the competition can be repaired regardless of the manufacturer.”
“With under 50 days to go until Invictus Games Sydney 2018, we are grateful to welcome Ottobock as the Official Technical Service Supplier for our Games.” said Patrick Kidd OBE, CEO Invictus Games Sydney 2018.
“The incredible competitors from 18 different nations and their families will have great comfort knowing Ottobock’s extensive technical support is available to them, allowing them to focus on their sporting schedules and enjoying the experience of these Games.”
• Ottobock develops med-tech products and fitting solutions for people with limited mobility in the areas of prosthetics, orthotics, mobility solutions (wheelchairs, rehab solutions) and medical care. Subsidiaries in more than 50 countries offer ’Made in Germany‘ quality all over the world, and are supported by more than 7,000 employees. Since its founding in 1919 Ottobock has been a family enterprise, and since 1988 Ottobock has supported the Paralympic Games with its technical know-how.
• Ottobock has been supporting people with disabilities participate in sports and recreation for more than three decades. Ottobock sportsline includes running blades, specialist knee joints for summer/winter sports and various sports wheelchairs. This enables people with disabilities to enjoy a wide range of running, ball, court, snow and water sports.
• Ottobock is the longest serving partner to the Paralympic Games, starting at the Seoul 1988 Paralympic Games, and has been an official Worldwide Partner of the Paralympic Movement since 2005.
• Ottobock has been involved with the Invictus Games since the inaugural Games in 2014 and has provided technical services to competitors at the Games in London, Orlando, Toronto and now Sydney.
+61 414 64 64 63
0411 084 186
- Download [ PDF | 412.11 kB ]